- 20 X 30 ft Log cabin, with 6 ft porch, 10 X 16 ft deck
- Private bedroom, queen bed
- Loft bedroom, queen bed, extra mattress
- Full bath with shower
- Deck with gas grill, table, chairs
- Gas Franklin Stove
- Air Conditioning
- Linens, towels, paper towels furnished
- City water safe for drinking, making coffee
- Washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen, stove, oven, fridge
- Microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishes, pots and pans
- Microwave popcorn, coffee, filters and tea provided
- Free wifi
- DVD screen with a selection of hunting and wholesome DVDs.
- No TV reception
- Verizon cell phone reception, most times :-) AT&T on top of the ridge
- Outdoor fire pit with grill, picnic table, firewood provided
- Well trained pets, $40 per stay per pet
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING ATVs to our property
- No hot tub.
- Birding - We have a bird book a the cabin and a list of 22 birds seen in one weekend. (List below)
The Cottage has the same amenities, but all beds (1 queen, 4 twin) are in the loft. No deck, but a long porch with gas grill, cedar bench and chairs.
Antler Ridge Cabin Policies
Check in 4 PM, check out 12 PM, unless other arrangements are made. Just ask, we are flexible.
No smoking in cabin. Well trained pets $40/pet/stay
An advance payment equal to 30% of the rental rate is required when reservation is made. We accept check, Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. Balance of rent is due 14 days prior to arrival. For weekly reservations in advance, $200 deposit will hold it.
Once you have placed your reservation deposit, we will email you a confirmation.
In lieu of a security deposit, we will require a credit card number when you reserve. No charge will be made to your credit card with regard to damage provided the following provisions are met:
1. No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
2. All soiled dishes are washed. It would be nice if you start a load of laundry.
3. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside. Garbage placed in outside containers must be bagged and lids secured on cans.
4. No items are lost or damaged.
5. Cabin is locked upon your departure.
6. There is no evidence of smoking or pets inside cabin.
Rates subject to change without notice.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservations for cabin rental that are cancelled more than two weeks prior to your stay, will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations less than two weeks, but more than three days prior to the reservation will receive a 40% refund. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 5% Cancellation fee or $50 whichever is greater. We will be reasonable with refunds if we can rent the cabin for the time you had reserved.
The Twin City Opera House, The Ohio Valley Opry every third Sat. Summer programs each weekend
Covered Bridges, one very close to the cabin
Locks and Dams on Muskingum River
Haus Heirlooms Handcrafted furniture at JoAds Market
The Stockport Mill Inn and Restaurant
Burr Oak State Park and Lodge (30 minutes)
Historic Marietta on the Ohio River
The Wilds (35 miles, 40 minutes) https://thewilds.columbuszoo.org
AEP Recreation Lands
Big Musky Bucket at Miner's Memorial Park
Ohio University, Athens, 30 minutes
Amish community, wood crafts, baskets, baked goods, maple syrup, jams, soaps
Chesterhill Produce Auction, Mondays and Thursdays 4 PM (summer) www.ohiofoodshed.org
JoAd Specialty Market, meats, cheese, bulk foods, Nature's Sunshine products - McConnelsville
Boon Docks Restaurant, McConnelsville
Blue Bell 50s Diner, McConnelsville
Maxwell's Hunting & Fishing, McConnelsville
Civil War Enactment Days, second weekend in July, McConnelsville
Morgan County Fairgrounds www.morgancountyfair.org
The Living Word Outdoor Drama, Cambridge OH (65 miles 1 hr 15 min) http://livingworddrama.org
Birds seen at Antler Ridge April 7-9, 2017
Towhee, male & female Turkey Vulture Canada Goose
Eastern meadowlark, male & female Eastern Phoebe Red-bellied Woodpecker
Bluebird Robin Winter Wren
Gold Finch Chickadee (Carolina) Cowbird
Blue Jay Red Tailed Hawk Tufted Titmouse
Cardinal Brown Thrasher Yellow Shafted Flicker
Crow Red Winged Blackbird
Starling Field Sparrow
Birds seen April 30, 2018
at Antler Ridge (30)
Eastern wood pewee
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28