Antler Ridge Cabin
Amenities and Attractions
Cozy Cabin living area, patio door to deck
Fully equipped kitchen
Relax in the double recliner couch
Large bath with shower
Washer and dryer, iron and board
Deck with table, chairs, gas grill
Fire pit, grill and picnic table
Porch with table and 2 chairs
Sledding on the hillside
- 20 X 30 ft Log cabin, with 6 ft porch, 10 X 16 ft deck
- Private bedroom, queen bed
- Loft bedroom, queen bed, extra mattress
- Full bath with shower
- Deck with gas grill, table, chairs
- Gas Franklin Stove
- Air Conditioning
- Linens, towels, paper towels furnished
- City water safe for drinking, making coffee
- Washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen, stove, oven, fridge
- Microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishes, pots and pans
- Microwave popcorn, coffee, filters and tea provided
- Free WiFi
- Smart TV, a selection of hunting and wholesome DVDs.
- Verizon cell phone reception, most times :-) AT&T on top of the ridge
- Outdoor fire pit with grill, picnic table, firewood provided
- Well trained pets, $40 per stay per pet
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING ATVs to our property
- No hot tub.
- Birding - We have a bird book a the cabin and a list of 22 birds seen in one weekend. (List below)
The Cottage has the same amenities, but all beds (1 queen, 4 twin) are in the loft. Large porch with gas grill, table and chairs.
The Hideaway is a 5 bedroom house, with an upper and a lower floor.
- 4 bedrooms with queen beds, 1 room with 2 sets of bunk beds
- 2 full baths, 1 with tub/shower, 1 with shower
- Gas grill, fire ring and fire wood
- AC, washer/dryer
- Full kitchen, fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, toaster oven, Mr. Coffee/filters/coffee
- Dishes, pots, pans, utensils
- Linens, towels, washcloths
- WiFi, two 55 inch TVs, DVD players
- No cell phone service. We use wifi calling on our phones. Texting when you connect to WiFi
- Porch swing, lots of chairs on porches
- Well trained pets $40/pet/stay
Antler Ridge Policies
Check in 4 PM, check out 12 PM (11 AM at the Hideaway), unless other arrangements are made. Just ask, we are flexible.
No smoking in cabin. Well trained pets $40/pet/stay
An advance payment equal to 30% of the rental rate is required when reservation is made. We accept check, Visa, MC, CashApp, Venmo and PayPal. Balance of rent is due 14 days prior to arrival.
In lieu of a security deposit, we will require a credit card number when you reserve. No charge will be made to your credit card with regard to damage provided the following provisions are met:
1. No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
2. All soiled dishes are washed. It would be nice if you start a load of laundry.
3. Garbage bags should be placed in large container outside or the box by the road.
4. No items are lost or damaged.
5. Cabin is locked upon your departure.
6. There is no evidence of smoking inside cabin.
Rates subject to change without notice.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservations for cabin rental that are cancelled more than two weeks prior to your stay, will receive a full refund. Cancellations less than two weeks, but more than three days prior to the reservation will receive a 50% refund. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 5% Cancellation fee or $50 whichever is greater. We will be reasonable with refunds if we can rent the cabin for the time you had reserved.
The Twin City Opera House, The Ohio Valley Opry every third Sat. Summer programs each weekend
Covered Bridges, one very close to the cabin
Locks and Dams on Muskingum River
Many interesting shops in McConnelsville
The Stockport Mill Inn and Restaurant
Burr Oak State Park and Lodge (30 minutes)
Historic Marietta on the Ohio River
The Wilds (35 miles, 40 minutes) https://thewilds.columbuszoo.org
AEP Recreation Lands
Big Musky Bucket at Miner's Memorial Park
Ohio University, Athens, 30 minutes
Hocking Hills is about an hour from our cabins.
Amish community, wood crafts, baskets, baked goods, maple syrup, jams, soaps
Chesterhill Produce Auction, Mondays and Thursdays 4 PM (summer) www.ohiofoodshed.org
JoAd Specialty Market, meats, cheese, bulk foods, Nature's Sunshine products - McConnelsville
Boon Docks Restaurant, McConnelsville
Maxwell's Hunting & Fishing, McConnelsville
Civil War Enactment Days, second weekend in July, McConnelsville
Morgan County Fairgrounds www.morgancountyfair.org
The Living Word Outdoor Drama, Cambridge OH (65 miles 1 hr 15 min) http://livingworddrama.org
Birds seen at Antler Ridge April 7-9, 2017
Towhee, male & female
Eastern meadowlark, male & female
Red Tailed Hawk
Red Winged Blackbird
Yellow Shafted Flicker
Birds seen April 30, 2018
at Antler Ridge (30)
Eastern wood pewee
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28